Monday, April 10, 2023

A First Beyond the Neighbourhood Ride!

I got out for a ride finally as the temperature hit 17°C!  Suddenly spring is here with warmish temperatures all week.  I've been up and down our own short street already this spring when we had an odd semi-warm day, but today I went around the shorter of the five walks (actually rides) I'll be doing over the summer.  There was a breeze, but it was actually a warm breeze!

A couple of homes right here on our street have some spring-like decor out front, one complete with headless dog.  I have no doubt these bright yellow flowers are meant to mimic Forsythia, which will be in bloom soon.

But when I went riding I found some more beautiful Dwarf Iris around the block at a friend's house.

And they also had Snowdrops, another of the very early blooming flowers here.

The Snowdrops were scattered in various clumps around the garden.  One of my favourite flowers if  can get close to them!

They also had quite a few Crocus of various colours.  Altogether a great welcome for spring.


15 comments:

  1. Your Spring has definitely arrived. I'm quite sure no one is happier about that than you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to get outside!! You got some beautiful signs of spring along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your temperatures sound very good.
    Beautiful photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I walked this morning into 2C and it felt glorious. I'm sure your ride in even warmer weather was much appreciated. The flowers are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great feeling to get out when it's warmish. Keep on enjoying your rides and then come back with some photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn’t it great when the weather warms up and the bulbs shoot forth?

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! We are seeing spring sprout everywhere, too. Love your pictures, keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You saw some beautiful flowers in your neighborhood. Here the daffodils are at their peak and the crocus are about done. After your ride I hope you sat outside soaking up the sun like an old turtle on a log.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pictures of the neighbourhood flowers. The dog is obviously inspired by your ostrich!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spring is blooming there. Too early for us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I walked through the Annex today and look for those irises but I didn't find any. I did see daffodils which surprised me as it feels early for them. I hope you got out for another good ride today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. so pretty, i am happy you had a nice ride. i really adore the crocus!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I may have seen some Dwarf Iris flowers around here but I didn't know what they were. Nice to hear you are getting out and about again. What a great time of year this always is.

    ReplyDelete