Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Daffodil Season!

It's Daffodil season here, brought on by the unseasonably hot temperatures of last week.  In spite of the cold this week, they are still looking great.  They're one of my favourite spring garden flowers, their bright yellow blooms providing the welcome for another growing season.  Here are a few pictures of them, to help you welcome spring.

This was the first one to bloom, a very long shot with my phone camera.

But later in the day a lot of our Daffodils were opening up.

I managed one good close-up.  It's hard to get down low enough in a wheelchair!

Then I was left with shots taken from inside the window, all the flowers facing the other direction!

I'm surprised that more homeowners haven't planted Daffodils.  This is the one around the corner that inspired me to suggest it to Mrs. F,G.  We need a lot more to equal this, and I've been promised we'll plant more in the fall.



17 comments:

  1. They look stunning when in big clumps. Golden colours, surely your days will stay warmer now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. another of my favorites, yours are beautiful!! what i love about daffodils is that they multiply on their own, unlike tulips that really need to be planted every year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are looking beautiful. One of the first signs of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daffodils are a cheerful bloom! Smile inducing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If your daffodils are like ours you won't have to plant more bulbs. Our daffodils reproduce prolifically by forming many new bulbs each year, so many that every few years we have to dig some up and give them away or put them in the compost pile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing daffodils in spring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Daffodils but don't have much luck growing them. Most of the ones I planted last Fall didn't even come up. Must be the soil. Oh well, there are lots of other flowers to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nearly every garden around here has its daffodils - but that doesn't seem to prevent the supermarkets from selling large numbers at £1 a bunch, or the nearby village of Thriplow attracting around 14,000 visitors to its Daffodil Weekend. Most of ours are over now of course.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your daffodils are indeed springy and bright! I love them, too,

    ReplyDelete
  10. They seemed to arrive all at once this year. I love them too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The warm yellow helps to enjoy spring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice! I don't have any in my garden as it faces north and gets limited sun. I do hope my next home will allow for planting of spring bulbs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty! The yellow is so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Daffodils are always a joy to see, lovely photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete