Thursday, April 13, 2023

Hot, Sunny and Downtown I Go!

It's an early taste of hot summer weather here, so out I went yesterday (and again today).  It's just sweltering.  I headed downtown on my favourite ride, stopping at the library to return a book, and heading on to McGinty's for a quick cup of coffee.  I drove the one block down to the harbour and got my first look of the summer before heading home.

One lawn in front of a big old house had a huge patch of bright blue Scilla in full bloom.

And our local flower shop, Simply Unique, has moved back to a wheelchair accessible location.  I stopped in to say hello and expect to stop again.  It's in a space renovated to be a pizza shop which never went anywhere.

It was a quick stop at the library this time, just returning a book.

Then it was coffee time and I discovered they serve a maple syrup latte!  First choice for me.

I just stopped at the harbour long enough to take a picture.  It shows what a beautiful day we had!


18 comments:

  1. Oooh, I would like to try that drink! That looks like quite a big harbor, when the warm weather triggers people to get out sailing it should be busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring has sprung and you have been sprung also. Enjoy the weather and the heat too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a delightful time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful day! Glad you are able to take advantage. The drink sounds good.
    I love the library sign, barn board sets it off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful day you had! Summer certainly has come early this year, good you can enjoy it until you melt from the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To be out and about agin, what a delight. It all looks very spring-like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you could get out and about. I wouldn't mind trying a maple syrup latte myself but I may have to make my own. Not sure they're available out here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It must be quite a relief to be set free again after being "grounded" throughout your long winter. I hope you'll be able to enjoy frequent outings now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are talking about Wednesday, and then we had Thursday. How incredible was that. Today, Friday, will be nice too but somewhat more seasonal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fine pictures, and show that you are definitely getting around quite well these days. Happy spring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How great that you got downtown for a coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely! I do hope the weather continues to be good and you're able to get outdoors and enjoy it.
    We had a skiff of snow overnight but it is melting already this morning. Still lots of dirty piles to get rid of but I can safely say spring is here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of pretty blue in this post! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! Glad the season for your outings has finally arrived. Our picnics will be another few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was an amazing day. Today is better, though. It was way too hot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely photographs, what a beautiful day ... I hope the weather stays like this for you a little longer.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete