Thursday, March 21, 2024

What a Stupid Mistake!

And none of you even called me on it!  Did you even notice?

On Tuesday the 19th I claimed it was already the spring equinox, which happens on the 21st, today!  I was two days early and I've been feeling guilty ever since I discovered the mistake.  So sorry for misleading you.

Mind you, the message is still the same - snow on the ground for the first day of spring.  Tuesday it snowed and yesterday it alternated between blizzard and sunshine.  I went out to physio and managed to avoid the blizzards.  Today I'm just back from 'coffee', and trying to rectify my error.  (We call it coffee, but it's really a few old codgers gathering for lunch).

Here's our snowstick bringing the same message.  Phooey to spring equinox, whichever day it falls on.  At this point all we want is sunshine and warmth!


13 comments:

  1. I caught it but just didn't mention it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed but didn't think anything of it. You need some more spring weather, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think leap year had something to do with changing the date this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since I follow the meteorological seasons, for me spring began on March 1 and I never even noticed that you were a day early for most folks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw and believed it, luckily I didn't mention it to anyone else though 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. As our day dates are different to yours, the actual day doesn't matter so much to me now, but it should. The heron /crane???must be totally upset with snow, then none, then back again.Hoping he looks happier when sunshine is all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lose track of days sometimes...
    Pleased that you were able to go out to physio and managed to avoid the blizzards.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm positive that I saw that our ( BC) spring equinox was on Tuesday the 19th.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bill and I talked about it last night. We even Googled spring equinox to make sure we had it right! Too funny, don't feel bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't notice spring at all, being at sea in the Caribbean. I suspect there will be snow at home when I arrive there later today. It is warmer though, by a few degrees, than when I left. Hopefully true spring will arrive in a few days or weeks.

    ReplyDelete