Wednesday, March 6, 2024

And One More Time!

 Well, we just can't believe the ridiculous weather we're getting here in Ontario.  It's still early March, but it's like mid-April outside, with temperatures staying well above freezing and no snow at all!  There are just so many implications I don't know where to start, but I'd guess we're going to notice a lot of extremes this summer.

I won't bother repeating the picture of complete snow cover from my last post, but the temperature rose again and the snow started to melt - again.

Our snow stick crane was left free of snow himself, though snow still covered the ground around him.  He's always in shade from the house at this time of year.

A day later and it was bright and sunny, the temperature hitting 20°C, with no snow left anywhere - on March 4th no less!  The street sweeper doesn't even come until mid to late March.

The matted leaves are currently protecting the garden, but plants will burst through those wet leaves with no trouble in the coming days.  I'll show you a few in the next post.




8 comments:

  1. It really is strange, isn't it! We had our first tick yesterday, and the geese are flying by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I love the milder weather, I find it scary just the same. We have 7 and rain here today. Snow tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying the weather while at the same time worrying about the earth's future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me, these early Springlike days are wonderful and I've been enjoying every minute of everyone of them. No ice and snow works for me every time. How nice to already hear so many more birds in the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Warm here too, but I'm still thinking we will be getting more snow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some of our old heritage crocus bulbs are blooming and the daffodil buds stand about four inches above the ground. Climate change is making itself obvious this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Weather can certainly have some strange patterns.
    We've had a lovely sunny (but slightly chilly) day today.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete