Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Commenting Problems

You may have noticed I haven't been commenting for awhile.  It's all due to Google!  You all deserve a big apology but I think I've figured out a solution, and you may have started getting my comments again in the last 2 or 3 days.  It's been very frustrating because I often have something I'd like to say!

I read all your blogs in the evening, sitting with my ipad.  For some weeks now I have been unable to leave any comments, getting a range of different error messages from Google.  I've tried various remedies with no luck.

But then I tried commenting using my desktop computer, and it seems to work!  In some ways it's better because using the big keyboard for typing is a lot easier than the limited one on an ipad.  So I've started sitting down during the day and checking your comments on my blog, then going and commenting on yours (if I have anything significant to say).

I hope this will get me back to commenting regularly, and more thoughtfully too.  Rest assured I'm reading your blogs and enjoying them in any case.  Any ideas to fix this welcome.





11 comments:

  1. Commenting is causing many of us problems.
    On some blogs I can only comment as anonymous!
    On others as soon as I comment it whoosh! Disappears!
    But, I keep trying :)

    Just to say your recent comments have come through okay on the low carb diabetic blog, thank you.

    My good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can’t comment either. Or sign in to comment. It’s so annoying. Trying to comment as a reply.

      Delete
  2. You are not the only one having trouble commenting on Blogs. When you are finally able to Comment on one does not mean you'll be able to do so on the next. I've just started being able to do so.
    Stay Safe and Enjoy the warmer temperatures as they arrive.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate all the trouble you are going through just leaving comments! I have been getting yours and hope it continues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been doing this for months, but I really would prefer sitting in my chair with the tablet. I do have a keyboard for the tablet, so it used to be easy from there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They do an excellent job of confusing us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had similar issues, sometimes with my phone, sometimes with my laptop. Who knows what is causing it...not me. Glad you've found a fix.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes when people leave comments on my blog they go directly to spam. BUT I do see them and when I do publish them. Seems like quite a lot of people have trouble with commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you but you don't need to apologize at all. I appreciate any comments i get. I like how you said you sometimes have something to say. 😁 it made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, commenting has been problematic. Sometimes I have to refresh the page. On some sites, I have to use a different browser. There are times that I just give up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Commenting on blogs with the reply under the comment is impossible on an ipad. It is only possible on a desktop...not sure why. I like the reply comment form too but switched to one of the other options in settings when so many people were having problems. Go to Settings and under comment location choose popup window is is the embedded comment that causes the problem with ipads. I have no idea why!

    ReplyDelete