Saturday, September 17, 2022

Scarecrows Galore!

I had fun photographing the scarecrows, and it was a perfect day for it, blue skies and sunny.  After I got finished working my way down the block (I only got pictures of one short downtown block of scarecrows, but there are equal numbers elsewhere) I started looking at details.  Among other things I was struck by the hairstyles!

As I mentioned in the last post, most scarecrows had orange garbage bag heads.

But a few were much more creative, with various hairstyles, if you could call it that.

This was the only blond I found.

But this was my favourite; someone really worked on this!

This was the 25th Anniversary, and of course that became the theme.

So various displays featured scarecrows representing years past.  (Scarecrows are not stored and saved, but created afresh each year).This group with their guitars represents 2016 with their love of music.

And this clown represents 2013 when the circus came to town.

Some scarecrows were up on displays, or ...

... hanging from trees!

There were big groups, I think this group was having a dance.

And small groups.  I think this was the Planning Committee for the Invasion itself.

You'll find the scarecrows on display up until Canadian Thanksgiving.







14 comments:

  1. What community spirit. One is more creative than the next and all involve quite a bit of imagination and effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a variety of scarecrows - very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look fantastic but I also think the purple one looks the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should go to Ottawa to photograph a real scarecrow. His name is Pierre Polièvre.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so much fun! A great adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the event is so much fun. Thanks for sharing the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fun! People have the community spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. These are amazing, i love all the fall decorations around town! Would love to visit something like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ryan, are you the truck driver from B.B. who my daughter knows? Regardless, welcome.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Ies indeed i am, thanks i enjoy your blog quite a lot

      Delete