Friday, September 23, 2022

Garden Close-ups

I must admit that I'm fascinated with taking close-ups of some flowers in the garden.  I don't always understand which are the stamens and pistils, but I just think it's a close look at an amazing world.  When I think that these feed the pollinators while getting pollinated in return, it's really an incredible two-way relationship that's evolved.

I'm not going to add comments, just leave these for you to enjoy.  These make me pleased with my new camera too!








And finally the Cleome that blows all the above flowers out of the water with its super extra long pistils and stamens!  Still one of my favourite flowers.

When I first wrote this we were enjoying a sunny warm day, possibly one of the last warm days of the fall, but it has plunged to much colder temperatures for the foreseeable future now.  Still no frost in the forecast.


16 comments:

  1. Not only do we need to stop and smell the roses, we need to take a closer look at the beauty within. Beautiful shots, thank you for sharing Stu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous shots. The cold night has made my Sweet Potato vines look like cooked spinach. I'm hoping they come back to life if it warms up a bi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the close up details are superb. Hugh finds his large Canon too heavy for his hands so will be looking for maybe a new mirrorless one ? Any suggestions after you did your own research.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We’ve had a couple of frost warnings already. I hope your blooms last another few weeks,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! We had near freezing temps but all of my containers are hanging in there including the impatience. The forecast looks good so I'll have them for another week or too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful.

    I think today was my last for wearing shorts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Gorgeous photos, FG. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Cleome too, it is a stunning flower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous, vibrant colors in the garden. our weather is all over the place...the nights are cold but the daytime temperatures are still warm-ish. it is looking to be a pretty fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, the insides of flowers reveal a beautiful intricacy all their own and it is truly fascinating how the interaction of insects play a major role in their propagation. You have captured the flowers well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photographs, the colours are lovely.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. The closer shots give us a clearer understanding of the parts of the flowers. You have some great shots. I have people who see my shots and think I must have hundreds of flowers. No I keep up with goods shots that are big flowers and look for the best or best characteristics.

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you think its a lovely 2 way relationship with pollinators, you should read into the relationship of mushrooms throughout all living things, paul stamets is a big name to read about.

    ReplyDelete