Saturday, September 10, 2022

Around the Neighbourhood Part II

 



There are lots more interesting things scattered around town.  Here are a few more.

The new Long Term Care home is getting close to opening.  they've now paved the entry and parking lots.  I'm taking note in case I ever end up living there!

I watched a guy building this fence and congratulated him more than once; he was working on it during some hot July days!

And on this fence nearer home, a Pride flag has been flying, same colours as the Pride crosswalk.

I headed the other direction once recently and drove by my favourite in-town barn, though this is a spring picture to show you the context.

Not sure why I've never noticed the pattern of these doors - someone went to a lot of trouble years ago.

Of course the Goldenrod has been out since the start of August, this pointed one the typical shape of several secies you can see here.

However, this one is not typical; it must be the Flat-topped Goldenrod.

And downtown the crosswalk recognizing Indigenous people has been painted with white feathers.  It's the only such crosswalk I've heard of.

More to come.

14 comments:

  1. I like the pattern on the barn doors.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sure is a high fence.
    Love the pattern on the doors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shots of the area. Always something interesting to see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful excursion you've shared here. I do look forward to more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That crosswalk is great. There should be more of them. Love the barn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a great noticer of things. And I notice how much I love that barn. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a lovely adventure. Thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great door craftsmanship on the barn. I agree, good to check out the areas around the "senior home" in case one might live there down the road sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Folks in your area have an artistic side -- the barn doors, the crosswalk and the fence, all very, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You found some interesting stuff. I do love those doors and glad that they are being maintained.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Having a photographer's eye has many pleasing benefits. Noticing colors, patterns, architecture, shadows, and light, etc. is a bonus for many of us that many other folks are not fortunate enough to have.

    ReplyDelete