Sunday, October 6, 2019

Spectacular Sunrise!

We had a spectacular sunrise the other day, perhaps in part because the sun rises later, and we're up to see it.  That is Mrs. F.G. is up to see it and I'm relaxing in bed waiting for my caregiver to get here.  I guess in that sense it's a sign of fall that we get to see these sunrises when they happen.

Leaves are starting to change, but they're very late this year, and very subdued compared to recent past years.  There was frost yesterday for the first this year, and the temperatures are certainly colder.  Rain is more frequent as the polar air fights with warmer air from the south for dominance, bringing us a continuing sequence of storms at this time of year.

We've been home a year now and I think we would both say that we're doing very well.  Stepping up the physio to 3 times a week for the fall - that gives me five medical appointments this week I think.  It's hard to find time wo get on with our own lives.

We have a new (outrageously expensive) bathroom now, but no shower chair after 2+ months of waiting.  We're also starting the process of getting a manual chair, as back-up just in case, for me to get more exercise, and for travelling.  I'm sure this process will take months too, so we need to get started.  On the other hand we do now have morning and evening homecare, which is a huge relief after a year of struggles to get that in place.

At the moment it's bright and sunny out, and I expect I'll get out for a ride a little later on.  Hope you're all enjoying the changing seasons at this time of year.





14 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I'm in the city right now and sunrises are hard to see through the trees to the east. Soon the leaves will be gone, but I'll miss them as a screen to the buildings beyond. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walk in bathrooms are expensive here too, our huge shower is a delight too, with 3 good handrails, and vinyl walls and non-slip flooring all the way through.Beautiful morning skies, and I hope the new regime will continue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have noticed the delay in Autumn this year. Looking back at my photos from years past at this time of year we were well into Autumns colorful glory by now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!

    Fall colours are late here too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible color! And yes, I'm enjoying the change of seasons here, with all the trees getting in the act. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sky! It's good to hear that you two are doing well, you've both been through a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning sunrise pictures, FG! I'm happy to hear that you are both settling into your busy routine. It couldn't have been easy but with a lot of patience, you are finally getting things in place.
    The fall colours are different everywhere, subdued as you say in some parts of my walk and then just beyond that, explosive autumn trees. I'm glad we get to enjoy it here before we move on, the leafless brown trees always made me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful sunrise pictures . And yes the fall colours seem to be later this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spectacular pictures! So glad the home care got worked out. C

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful sunrise! Your bathroom sounds like quite a project, I hope you get it equiped the way you want! I enjoyed all your Scarecrow posts, what a great effort by everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You could not mix that color in paint. It is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete