Monday, October 11, 2021

On Being Thankful

It is Thanksgiving after all, and I'm reminded that there are so many things to be thankful for.  As well as these pictures from the past, let me tell you what I'm thankful for.

Sumachs

I'm thankful first of all because I'm alive, after nearly dying three years ago.
Beech Leaves

I'm thankful for my amazing wife, who takes care of me like no-one else could, and has picked up the chores I used to do as well as her own work - on top of caring for me!

I'm thankful for all the PSWs who come to help me get up and get back in bed at the end of the day.  Without them our life would be a lot harder if not impossible.

Sugar Maple

I'm thankful that I can still live an interesting life in spite of being paralyzed, and I'm thankful for our medical system that supports me - at no extra cost.

And finally I'm thankful for my memories of adventures past - camping across Canada with the kids, visiting gardens with Mrs. F.G. and canoeing and hiking with friends.  Without them my life would be so much poorer.
The Beaver Valley from Old Baldy.



23 comments:

  1. gorgeous...that sugar maple is stunning. autumn is my favorite season...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Thankful List. The gift of being alive is definitely one we all should give a bit more thought to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family and friends and helpers. Well done for getting this far. I hope your pain is less than it used to be. Your tree photos are always so pretty. I am missing the autumn colour this year: I’ve been in bed/hospital with a nasty kidney infection. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Mrs. FG. and hoping that you enjoyed this nice weather and had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful images! Yes, you have lots to be thankful for - and it's a great reminder for us all to be grateful for all the good things we have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a wonderful thank you list.
    Every new day is a gift from God.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and Mrs FG.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All are good reasons to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very Happy Thanksgiving to you both, the memories, like ours, suffice in place of actual hikes, tramps and camping. Photos full of Autumn Glory.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The last things in your list can not be taken away from you. I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, that is so nice. Despite the hand that you have been dealt, you choose to look at the positives.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If I wake up in the morning I am thankful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are thankful you are in this world, as well.
    There is so much to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A belated Happy Thanksgiving to you and Mrs. F.G. There truly is much to be thankful for, not least that we live in this wonderful country of Canada. The photos are lovely as always and those from past adventures spark great memories.

    Take care, stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful post, filled with gratitude for all that you have available in your life, even today. I am glad you are doing so well, and I give thanks for YOU and your magnificent team. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful sentiments and photos! May your days continue to be rich.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope that you had a fine Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Thanksgiving! Your photos are awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your attitude and thank you for connecting us to the Bruce Peninsula.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful pictures and Bill and I are thankful for yours and Mrs. F.G.'s friendship. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. There is nothing as great as a good outlook which you apparently do have after such a difficult time. Belated Happy Thanksgiving wishes to you and Mrs FG.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Being thankful is so great. Our days are not predicted but we can appreciate every one of them. Your photos are so wonderful and you share such a lot of yourself in the pictures.

    ReplyDelete