Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Fall Colour

Before it gets too late, I want to share at least a few photos of the fall colour around here.  These are taken just around the neighbourhood and out the back windows, and a warning, there are too many of them!

This is the reddest tree I've seen.  I'm always wondering if the entire tree makes the better shot, or if it's better to zoom in on a certain part of the tree, or even a few leaves.  You can decide.  And sorry about the wires.

And around the corner from that is this tree that turns orange.

I'm pleased to say that they've moved right ahead and paved the strip of gravel on Nelson St. where a new watermain went in.  I was afraid they'd leave it until after winter.  That strip cut me off from my favourite short ride, and I'm glad to get back to it.

Coming closer to home there's a bright large Burning bush that's at its peak red right now.  Here I've zoomed in on just a few leaves.

This carpet of Ash leaves made me remember the wonderful sound of your feet shuffling through the leaves down the trail in the woods.

And right here at home, the same Sugar Maple out in the golf course from two different windows.

And our own Sugar Maple right outside the window.




15 comments:

  1. Never too many beautiful trees. Thanks for them all. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful shots! The colours down here seem to be dull this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our colors weren't as vibrant this year. We had an infestation of LLD, or is it LDD?, moths this year that wiped out the young foliage. Most of the trees rebounded, but I think they were stressed. Apparently it's going to be MUCH worse next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I can never get enough of Fall colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite it the third from the last picture. Love the lighting in it.
    All the fall colors are spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your Autumn up there is a little ahead of our Autumn down here. We are still mainly green but it is slowly changing. You have some nice colors happening.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a great, short season. I like the closer photos of the burning bush and the next one of just leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can never have too many pictures of gorgeous autumn leaves. Thanks for sharing with those of us who don't have this kind of display where we live.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not too many photos at all. I didn't get out this year to the valley to take photos and our fall colors are done. The burning bush is probably my favorite - brings back memories of my mom as she had one outside her front door.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i know what you mean about photographing trees, i had the same debacle the other day as i photographed some near me!! your images are gorgeous, fall is pretty in canada!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The trees behind your house don't seem to be at peak color yet -- our sugar maple is bare and most of the birch trees are also bare or almost so.

    ReplyDelete