Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Blue Blooms

I looked out the window one day and was struck by the number of blue flowers I saw!   Some are quite small, but they seemed to be everywhere.  I had to ask Mrs. F.G. the names of several, and she had to stop and think more than once.  Here they are, enjoy.

Petunias are the obvious ones, and probably the most flowery among these.  Mrs. F.G. uses these for inter-planting among the tomatoes; they do add a bit of colour.

And these are miniature Petunias.

These are Salvia, straight purple spikes that look amazing in the morning sunlight. 

A super duper close-up, hard to even hold still, give you a closer look at these intriguing flowers.

Of course the Columbine is still blooming, a totally different shade of pale blue.  I like the look of the long seed pods at this stage.

The Jacob's Ladder, though it's slowing down, is also still blooming.

I've always loved the deep royal blue of the Spiderwort.

And of course the Lavender, of which we have a lot, is just about in full flower.  And it's growing luxuriantly!



14 comments:

  1. They are all so pretty. My lavender has started blooming and I have some purple liatris that are just about to bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It amazes me the variety of blooms and plants in your gardens. I found a salvia in the yard at the new house and it will be interesting to see if it is in bloom when I get there on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glorious! So bright…the lavender is a favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like Mrs FG decided to have a blue theme this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flowers!! I notice in my garden as well as yours that all blue flowers lean toward purple/lilac colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Must be a seasonal thing; I noticed a lot of blue flowers when I visited a large garden recently - especially salvias, geraniums and delphiniums.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Informative flower pics and I like the colors. Thinking blue, I've noticed Chicory are in bloom along the roadsides now too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing all these summer flowers, looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am struck by the salvia for I didn't know that it came in any other colour than deep blue.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice flowers indeed. Although spiderwort is a beautiful blue, it's so invasive in our flowerbeds that I've been digging it out with minor success.

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous!! i think they are all different shades of purple!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful colour blooms.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely shades of blue. In my garden, there is more yellow than anything!

    ReplyDelete