Saturday, November 4, 2023

A Little of the White Stuff!

Yes, right on time, Nov. 1st, we woke to a coating of the white stuff.  It was only a little, just about an inch, but it was definitely a foretaste of winter, a foretaste I am hoping will go away and stay away!

It was enough to cover the ground and make the world look white.

And for just a few moments it blew in hard enough to look like a snow flurry.

Our crane got the first seasonal taste of a snowy blanket.

Looking out the front window the snowflakes really stood out over the dark spruce, beyond the yellowy birch leaves.

But the next day after lunch the sun shone and the shadows of winter appeared for the first time.

And the birch leaves glowed golden under the late afternoon sun.


14 comments:

  1. how could you not love it?? your images are so beautiful!! and btw, i can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first snow is always the most pretty, but like you I always hope it doesn't last.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes for some pretty pictures, though it would probably be enough to bring the UK transport system to a halt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is pretty when it mixes with fall colours. I don't see that very often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had our first snowfall too. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I doubt we'll see snow here before the end of the year. But I could be wrong. So thanks for sharing your first snowfall. There is something special about it, even though by February you probably won't bother with a single photo of a snow fall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It truly is beautiful. I love that picture with the white snow behind and the yellow leaves in front. I can imagine that someone in a wheelchair would not be a fan of the white stuff. We don't get much here in the form of snow, mostly rain and frosty windows.

    ReplyDelete
  8. B-r-r-r! We’ve had some cold mornings, but no snow. Your last picture is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have such a lovely view and I so enjoy watching the seasons with you. Such lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your gold course view looks so familiar. I hope that the snow is gone by now. I guess we can't stop it from coming but I wished it wasn't.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, that November 1st snowfall sure transformed the landscape overnight. It was nice to see but I'm ready for Spring now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cannot believe I haven't seen this post yet. Wonderful view, now our leaves are gone.

    ReplyDelete