Saturday, July 16, 2022

Veggies and More Plants

I've saved the veggies and a few more plants for a second post, so you're not overwhelmed with pictures.  Things are coming along well all over the garden and we're ready to have some beans for supper, along with the carrots and beets which we're already enjoying.

This is our most interesting carrot!

Potatoes are doing great!  I've never seen purple potato flowers before.
   
My favourite dish of miniature Hostas, in part because it's on a little cart and so much closer to my eye level.  And there's just nothing subtle about the great big ones.  This seems very delicate.

The Hosta flowers are very pretty.

I think my favourite flower is the Cleome, so delicate and so unusual.

And the most unusual flower we have has to be the Bear's Breeches, almost pointy enough to be a big thistle, and with unusual hooded blooms.

Now you're gonna have to allow for three posts on 'My Friends the Weeds'.  If that's not of interest, come back in two weeks!


13 comments:

  1. Those are some very interesting carrots indeed. And I love all your pretty flowers. Weeds are just another name for flowers, IMHO. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those carrots, a prize for the most unusual .. and all those flowers, your garden is a cornucopia of delights. I know the true meaning might be a cone shaped container overflowing with food and flowers, but the hosta on the trolley surely almost fits that description .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those carrots are very interesting and unusual :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's quite a carrot. I've never seen anything like your tiny hosta, it's really unusual. H's step-father, who was quite the gardener, warned us against planting cleome because it seeds abundantly and spreads wildly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures of the Flowers but really weird looking Carrots.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrs FG does such a fine job. Does that small Hosta winter over in that planter?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the entwined carrots...which will taste just like the plain straight ones! Beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are either affectionate carrots giving each other a hug, or political carrots all twisted and devious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You and your new phone (I presume) are dong well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your garden is a most interesting and lovely place. I've not seen purple flowers on potatoes either.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the carrots! But the flowers are wonderful, especially thinking ahead to January! Bring them on!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such pretty blooms. Interesting carrot. A pity to eat it! Bring on the weeds!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those carrots made me laugh! It's like they're fighting to see who wins! Your flowers are all unusual and very pretty. I guess we'll put up with your 3 'weedy' posts if we have to! ha ha, just kidding!

    ReplyDelete