Friday, June 24, 2022

Grange Hollow Part II

While Mrs. F.G. wandered the nursery, I chugged down the path that I could access and got a few more photos.  While I was doing this the guy that was working there came up and said you're the Furry Gnome aren't you (he knew my actual name).  It turned out we had met on a field trip and his partner recognized me too.  They soon introduced me to her mother, who moved here 50 years ago and runs the nursery (with a lot of help from them).  So it turned into quite a social visit for me!

A bright red Yarrow.

Yellow Coneflowers.

A 4-foot tall Penstemon.

That unusual blue Campanula.

And an unusual green-flowered 

Lots of hostas.


And a beautiful stone retaining wall.  Now that's the kind of project I'd enjoy working on, probably over 2 or 3 years!



10 comments:

  1. Your name is well known, both varieties!!! Love all those colours, but the green one is stunning. And the wall, what a work that would have been, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just imagine that...they knew just who you are! Now I can add that knowledge to my list, and if I run into you, I can say I read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have a wonderful nursery. I like all the natural stone walls and their plants are wonderful. That yarrow is so great. I was telling my wife I would like to visit a nursery again but I am already over planting for a guy who thought he was going to plow it all out and quit. It is great you got recognized for your great photos and writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's wonderful when someone recognizes you because of your blog. That's happened to me a time or two as well. Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blooms. Love the colour of the yarrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don’t know why I don’t have rudbeckia in our little garden. I think I tried once but they failed. The other coneflower, echinacea, does well enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an incredible nursery - it's obviously a labour of love. Very cool that the fellow recognized you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That red yarrow is absolutely beautiful. Yes indeed, you are famous.

    ReplyDelete