Friday, April 8, 2022

Spring has Arrived - the Dwarf Iris is in Bloom

Both at our last home and here the brilliant blue Dwarf Iris is the first flower to bloom.  And it opened its petals magically yesterday morning, all 6 plants.  I can feel the joy just looking at them.

Mrs. F.G. saw them first.  She always pokes her nose out the front door to see if the world has changed in the mornings, and she immediately noticed these had bloomed.  She hurried in to ask for my phone and got these two pictures.

The when I was headed out for lunch I snapped two more pictures.  I just can't imagine a more beautiful blue.  Spring is definitely here now.

I suspect I'm going to have more photos to share now, so I'm going to switch to posting-when-I-have-photos-available for the spring, summer and fall months.  Hope spring has arrived where you are too!
  


18 comments:

  1. My mother had a big patch of them. I would love to get them growing here but didn't manage to find any the last two years. I'm going to ask a local (large) nursery if they can find them for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen. my wife was able to order some online last year, so se now have additonal plants blooming out back.

      Delete
  2. That deep colour is so stunning, spring is in your garden for sure. Down here, cold mornings, down duvet has replaced the lightweight summer one, and I lit the fire yesterday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. I am surprised that they are the first flowers since they look so delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a grand entrance to spring by having such a wonderful flower in bloom. I bet your wife was really excited.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blue Irises. Just yesterday I checked mine for buds. None yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The irises are beautiful! At first I thought it was a butterfly before I scrolled down.

    Spring is coming on but not nearly as advanced as in your yard. For now I live vicariously through those who are seeing spring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw Round-lobed Hepatica in a local woodlot yesterday. Yep, spring is here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful little flowers!

    I hope your predicament with the lack of PSWs is soon over. It must be so darn difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can feel your joy through the pictures, they are such beautiful little Irises.
    I love to see 'firsts' popping up and watching hostas pop and grow each day are another favourite.
    Yay, spring is beginning to show her lovely attire!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sure do like those Dwarf Iris flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are simply gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing their beauty with me...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, gorgeous. Shouting out "spring is here!!"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful colour flower.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete