Friday, November 19, 2021

Snow

 Yes, it actually snowed, not just the light dusting of the highlands that I posted yesterday, but snow right here in Meaford.  Just an inch or two here, but my morning caregiver today, who lives up on those highlands, reported a foot of snow at her place!  Winter is here.

This was the view out our back window this morning.

Snow everywhere on the plants.  With no wind, it just stuck.

Our heron/ostrich got its first taste of the white stuff.

The roof of the shed was white, but melting fast once the sun hit it.  It was bare in an hour.

The dark grey skies over out neighbour's shed showed off the golden leaves of the Norway Maple brilliantly.

And those leaves really were golden.

The shadows are one of the things I enjoy in the view out our window.

And those shadows move amazingly quickly!  Compare these two photos taken just 30 minutes apart.




19 comments:

  1. Relatives on the other side of Algonquin Park, near Haliburton, got HAMMERED. Us folks on the east side saw the odd lazy flake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty, one of these days we too will have snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so pretty with the sun shining!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The yellow leaves are so beautiful. Snow I don't like so much anymore. I am glad your caretaker could travel through all that snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well as others have said, it does look pretty in your photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful! And yes those shadows move very quickly, it seems. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely shadows on the snow for sure. And I don't know about various maples, but now I know the Norway has the best yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fall leaves and snow! I love the "in-between" seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those colours ZING, as my quilting tutor told me some years ago when she suggested add some bright yellow to the batiks I had. Shadows, and the Heron will no doubt have his nose in the white stuff if any more falls.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's always a tree with bright leaves that wait until the first snow to drop some. They must be the 'artist trees'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's nice when you have some autumn colour with snow. I hit the jackpot a few years ago at the end of October.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those bright yellow leaves are so lovely; no doubt they'll be gone very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We haven’t had as much of the white stuff yet. Rain is in order these days but who can complain when we see the disaster on the west coast?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, it sure is looking like winter time up your way. Nice to see those bright yellow leaves hanging on against the white snow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your blog,I sincerely hope that your blog a rapid increase in
    traffic density,which help promote your blog and we hope that your blog is being updated.
    Thai Boxing_ប្រដាល់តាមអនឡាញ

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great photos! I agree that the shadows add interest. When the sun is shining I'm far more tolerant of the snow. It looks like we may have some sun here today.

    ReplyDelete
  17. awesome, gorgeous images, i am so jealous!! when we get our first snow the trees are usually bare of leaves. it was pretty seeing the yellow leaves with snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great place you live in, I love your yard. I enjoy your photos!

    ReplyDelete