Sunday, September 6, 2026

Meaford Ag Society Fall Fair

 Before we move to some local history I must post about the Fall Fair, which happened yesterday.  Although we live in the town of Meaford, there's a large rural area, the former townships of St. Vincent and Sydenham that have been amalgamated to the town, so it's largely that large rural area that the fair draws on for volunteers and attendees.

Hanging on the wall right in front of the entrance are the quilts.  Because of Mrs. F.G.'s involvement in quilting I know a little about the work that goes into them, and an embroidered quilt like this one takes a LONG time!  I was impressed.

Another adult category was the preserves, jams, pickles and such.  I immediately noticed the canned tomato sauce, since Mrs. F.G. has spent a good chunk of this week doing the same thing!

And of course there are the acres of tables showing different veggies, like these first class tomatoes.

This was an enormous pumpkin, given the fair is held in late August.

And this sunflower was just enormous, I think at least 18" across.

There was a big banner from the local school, and lost of exhibits from school children.

There was a whole category of veggies grown by children.


There were numerous arrangements of flowers.  I liked the colourful glads best.  The annual fair, always on Labour Day weekend, is well worth visiting.




No comments:

Post a Comment