You may remember about two years ago I reported on a number of temporary signs that appeared around Meaford, entitled 'Tidbits', meaning tidbits of local history. Well I'm reminded of these again as more permanent signs have started appearing. I have no idea who is behind this effort, nor who is paying for them, but I think they're a great addition to the town. They'll provide a starting point for a few posts on local historic buildings.
Here's the first one I shared two years ago, a picture of Paul's Hotel which used to stand where the library is now. These signs wear the same sign as typical election signs.
And here's the new more permanent plaque, considerably smaller but the same content and the same picture. Easy for a pedestrian to read.
***** I must put in a caveat here - I certainly could not read the white lettering on the right hand side, nor have I figured out how to use a QR code, though I can just google the website anyway. *****
Here's another, the new plaque marking the site of the old Foundry.
And here is the condo building known locally as the 'blur box' which replaces the old Foundry. It was this foundry that made the well known local cannon now sitting on the waterfront about four blocks west.



No comments:
Post a Comment