Wednesday, August 3, 2022

More Colour in the Garden!

The other day I posted some of the Daylilies in our garden, but today I'm sharing some of the other colourful flowers you can see just now.  It certainly feels like you're surrounded by colour when you are sitting on the patio!

    These brilliant red Crocosmia are straight out the window by my computer and I love the colour!

Another personal favourite is the Cleome.  We only have a few plants this year, but I'd like to see more.
Such a delicate bloom, with incredibly long stamens!

The hostas are always beautiful and we have dozens.  This is a bloom I can actually get close to.

There are a number of Zinnias in bloom now; I like the red ones best.  If it were me I'd only grow red ones!

We also have a single Monarda, a beautiful pink/purple colour.

These are petals of a Sunflower shining in the morning sun.

And dominating it all are the Echinacea, in shades of pink, yellow, red and purple.  Altogether a very colourful time in the garden, unfortunately for only 2 or 3 short weeks.




16 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful flowers, please express my congratulations to Mrs. F.G. for her selection of flowers and growing such nice plants. Hopefully you'll have asters and chrysanthemums to provide color as summer becomes fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those colours are brilliant, and the delicate Cleome, I always admire those petals.Crocosmia, I had the wild orange ones here, and last week my friend who helps eradicate the weeds, or at least remove them for a while, told me the other ones I have are the real ones. The finch, those tiny wee birds, settle on the tall stems, and get the nectar or the bugs, maybe both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers and amazing colour.
    My favourite is the red Crocosmia.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a lovely place to sit and take in the beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flowers!! I never realized that Hosta blooms were quite so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such a great variety of flowers. The colors are so great in you photos. I don't think I have ever seen that first flower that you shared. I am glad you have them right out of your window. My flowers have failed because of the lack of natural moisture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant colors!! It all looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It would be wonderful to have a longer blooming season, but they are all so lovely in their time. What a marvelous display!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mrs FG has done a wonderful job. Even in photos these are fabulous to see.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the peak time of year for blooms. After this it's all down hill.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post is also excellent. It would seem like your garden goes on for acres there is so much life and variety.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a bunch of cheerful blooms so bright and happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beauty! You opened my eyes to the Hosta flowers, which I certainly have been overlooking.

    ReplyDelete