We have a number of interesting flowers still in bloom, so I thought I'd share these before chasing other topics. I have to admit I'm tired of just sharing posts about flowers in our garden, but given my mobility limitations it's the best I can do. All too soon we'll all be wishing for more garden pictures!
The first is a very unusual plant you won't see in many gardens, one that looks like a giant thistle until the flowers emerge. This is Bear's Breeches, a Mediterranean plant.
Another pair of unusual plants are these Globe Thistles. They are not thistles, but the leaves sure look like they should be. As you can see they come in blue and white varieties, an interesting addition to our garden.







Glorious colours, a friend who has since moved had the largest plant of Bear's Britches, or Acanthus. Probably a patch that was 8 feet either way ( she did have a huge garden area)they are stunning, and those day lilies, the colours are always a delight. Yes, all too soon, you will have snow and the trusty yard stick will get his nose buried once again. Down here, daylight hours are getting longer, the days are slowly getting warmer. I guess ,like the foxglove, there is a story that gives the top plant its other name.
ReplyDelete