Yesterday I went for a ride around the neighbourhood, something I haven't done much of this year. And I found a few interesting things.
This line of wildflowers replaces an old overgrown sidewalk which was no long being maintained, and extends into part of a ditch. It's at least 100 feet long and 20 feet wide. What a great space for pollinators!It seemed to be mostly yellow flowers just now,, Grey-headed Coneflowers, ornamental daisies, and huge sunflowers of a sort, at least 10 feet high.
Around another block is this wacky garden of plants and ornaments. They started by placing that line of rocks across the front in the early spring, and they've gradually been filling it in since.
There's a grey heron, a little doll, and an old hand-pump.
And finally, this home has always had a patch of Milkweed in one corner beside the driveway, but now the Milkweed occupy a significant corner of the front lawn. I hope there are lots of Monarchs visiting!









The old handpump is a very cool find. The flowers are so pretty.
ReplyDeleteThose wildflowers are a great use of space, so beneficial, as is the milkweed patch. Good people there. I like that wacky garden too, just fun to look at.
ReplyDelete