Sunday, November 3, 2019

Busy Expeditions!

We've been busy with lots of things since my computer crashed.  I've been accumulating pictures fast, so I'll have to back up to share them once I get it fixed. Using the laptop, for which I have no working mouse, is just a pain.

We were out yesterday to visit Creekbank, a sewing machine shop out on a farm near Conn.  (It's on the bank of a creek).  Mrs. F.G. is starting to feel creative again and she's pondering a new sewing machine!!!  I think that would be great!

Today we headed east to where my sister saw some Sandhill Cranes yesterday, a large flock of them.  We've never seen more than 2 or 3 ourselves.  Our expedition was a success!  We found a large field with probably over a thousand cranes!  If they stop there annually, this may get to be an annual photographic stop (with a bigger telephoto lens).

On the other hand, I think I did myself in last week with four physio appointments in five days.  Just a little sore the past few days.


13 comments:

  1. A thousand cranes is some flock! I've only seen them in Florida! I feel lazy when I read how much you are up to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently there are some large flocks out our way too but we haven't seen any.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Four physio appointments in five days? Yes, that is quite a bit of exercise, you deserve to be a little sore. I would love to have seen those cranes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see some serious spending coming soon. I have A Bernina 440 QE, and this is the third one in our family since about 1950. My Mum's one had a zig zag and reverse and she thought it was pure gold. I traded it in, when it was 29 years of age, for a new one, and received a little more for the trade than when my Dad bought it. My new one has gone to our younger daughter, and still runs so well, all I had done was new brushes for the motor, and an adustment to the foot pedal.They both had a 30 year warranty. Solid ,reliable, too heavy to take to a class, so it stays on the table all the time. Mrs F G, I know from seeing such a little of your so talented crafts, that whatever you decide, will have some wonderful hours of absolute pleasure. Wonderful to know you know think there will be some spare hours to take this up again. A wee hiccup down here, Hugh had a severe angina attack on Saturday, so the wonderful man and lady in green ( Ambulance uniform colours ) whisked him off to ED. A whole day there, not a heart attack but has to be referred to a cardiologist. Maybe a warning.F G, maybe you will get some new clothes soon too, does the sewing extend to that area? Too much physio? Rest well in time for the fireworks displays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so envious of Mrs. FG's talent for sewing. She deserves a new machine and I know you agree. :)
    We didn't know there would be sandhill cranes in our area. Of course, I don't know where your sister lives. How cool! we only have seen them in flocks near Sierra Vista, Az 2 years ago. Beautiful to watch and photograph for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh a new sewing machine for Mrs FG sounds just the thing for her! : )
    Hope you get your new computer soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being without a computer is really annoying and I am so sorry. Hoping it all comes together soon and you can review your many photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mrs. FG needs a new sewing machine just like you need a new computer -- Christmas is coming.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A new sewing machine for Mrs FG sounds a perfect idea.
    Hope you get a new computer soon.

    My good wishes to you both.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. How neat to see all those cranes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hopefully the computer issues are sorted out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes a laptop without a mouse is definitely a pain alright but those wireless mouses can be found relatively cheap at Walmart if you have one in Owen Sound.

    ReplyDelete