Our season of beautiful Day Lilies is drawing to a close. They've been brightening our garden since July 6th, but they will soon be over. It always fascinates me how these flowers have so many buds, but each one only opens for a day. They are certainly the highlight of the summer in our garden!
There are only four different ones still in bloom, and I think this purple one is the prettiest.
The last of the orange-flavoured flowers.
This very deep dark purple one is out the living room window, in a place where I can`t get close, but its dark colour is unique.
The flower that will go on the longest as I remember, is this one. It may very well be the last one blooming.




Thanks for the update. More of ours have bare stems than otherwise right now, but they are not done yet.
ReplyDeleteYour day lilies are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan