Every year Meaford has a fall Scarecrow Festival, and it's here now. Scarecrows dot the downtown and are clustered in groups, large and small. Here's the first group of photos, enjoy them and imagine the number of volunteer hours that go into creating them!
I came upon volunteers putting some of the scarecrows in place, with two still lying on the ground. I couldn't help myself, I blurted "are they dead!"
This fellow in intended to be Gordon Lightfoot, who played in the Meaford Hall several times in the past.
More to come. But sorry I'm having enormous difficulty with my computer which has clogged up and is operasting VERY slowly most of the time!








I truly cannot add up the hours that have gone into each scarecrow, the attire, and then placing them on the street. Yes, dead indeed !!!
ReplyDeleteI have had a second and third look, and the steel tricycle, I wonder where that was stored for so many years, It is a relic of the past for sure as it took place in that gathering.
ReplyDeleteThere is a hippie vibe to them this year. ;-)
ReplyDeleteI've been waiting for your pictures! It's such a fun tradition!
ReplyDeleteThis is so much fun!
ReplyDeleteIt is always fun to see the scarecrows. Very creative.
ReplyDeleteYay for the scarecrow! These are so cool. Can't wait to see more.
ReplyDeleteGreat costumes on these scarecrows.
ReplyDeleteIt’s that time of year again
ReplyDeleteYikes, those "people" look like some people I know. Scary stuff. :-)
ReplyDeleteThey are great!
ReplyDeleteMy step daughter and her husband entered a scarecrow in the local competition when they lived in Derbyshire. They didn’t win but kept the horrid thing for years sitting on a sofa. So nobody could sit on said sofa. The only other sofa in the house was in a room only husband was allowed to use. I never really enjoyed visiting them.
ReplyDelete