Friday, September 4, 2026

Monarch Butterfly!

 We hadn't seen any Monarchs for a week or two, though we did see some caterpillars.  We never did see a chrysalis, but the adult butterflies seemed to have disappeared.  Then out of the blue we've been seeing a couple of Monarchs fluttering around the garden the past two days.  I'm making the assumption that these are newly hatched butterflies.

Then one landed on a Verbena flower, though it was 50 feet away, so the photo is blurred around the edges.  I thought it must have a preference for the Verbena.

I waited patiently until it opened its wings and got a good shot.  It was brilliant orange, like a newly hatched butterfly!

But then it flittered around until it landed on a Mexican Sunflower.  If I hadn't seen it land I wouldn't have spotted it.

Again I waited a few minutes until it spread its wings.  Beautiful!

Actually the second shot I got for the entire morning was this one, a perfect capture of early fall.  Sorry, Blogger just won't allow me to space this correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment