On the opposite side of the inner harbour from the sailing school is Richardson's Marine, a place where you can get your boat repaired and lifted out of the water for storage, and lifted back into the water in the spring. I've always been intrigued with this big piece of machinery.
The other day, after checking out the sailboats, I turned to head home and realized they were bringing out a boat to be lifted back into the water. Watch how it's done!
Here comes the sailboat, held aloft in the big boat lift. I always cut off the top of the mast 'cause I'm aiming at the sailboat itself!They have to make a careful three-point turn to drive out on the docks where they will lover the boat.







That's quite a delicate business with no room for error. Great to watch though.
ReplyDeleteSo many interesting things to see at the harbour.
ReplyDeleteHow cool. I didn't know they could lower a boat into the water like that.
ReplyDeleteThat's really interesting.
ReplyDeleteCool to see. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteIt's interesting to see boats either being put into the water or taken out. The harbor here in Bayfield has two of those boat lifts, and they are busiest in the months of May and September..
ReplyDelete