I've been struggling to publish this post for nearly a week, wanting to include a short video. No matter what I did I couldn't get it to work, so I've finally given up, spurred on by a reader who hadn't seen a post in so long they were worried about me! I really wish you could see the video, but you can't so you'll have to use your imagination.
Here in Meaford we have an outstanding sailing school. It caters to anyone from age 7 - 18, with adult lessons as well. They have their own base down in the harbour, and I often go down there to watch the young sailors at this time of year.
This is their collection of sailboats, large enough to hold two youngsters but small enough to be sailed by one person. They use the school building for winter storage, and they sail not only in the inner harbour, but our in the bay as well. One thing they have to do is swamp their little boat and pull it upright again; remarkable to watch.




I can imagine the delight on their faces as they zipped along, and your joy in watching it all unfold. Training like this is wonderful .
ReplyDeleteHow exiting to see all those sailboats.
ReplyDeleteSounds like those youngsters have a lot of fun while learning whatever they have to learn. BUT it wouldn't be for me....I'd be too scared.
ReplyDeleteGreat fun! Learning to be on the water safely is so important.
ReplyDeleteIf the video is a MOV type (I think that is what an iPhone records) I have to convert to MP4. There are converters online. I just discovered these online cony an hour or two ago.
ReplyDeleteWe have seen them sailing out there also - we love to watch how they maneuver the boats.
ReplyDeleteInteresting for sure and fun to watch, I bet. Can you retype the link that the video is on so we can google it ourselves or is it one of your own?
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed seeing your photographs ... the student sailors must have a lot of fun.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
Ah, the joy in these images! What beauty.
ReplyDeleteI have found that in order to load any videos on my blog, I have to upload them first to YouTube. Kind of a hassle but it works.
Because it's something rarely seen, it would be extra exciting to watch, especially with all those colorful sails zipping across the water.
ReplyDeleteThat looks like great fun.
ReplyDelete