▼

Thursday, October 1, 2026

September Days

 We've had glorious days here in late September, and I've been out and about as a result, both at home and further afield.  That is until today!  It's raining and I'm stuck inside.

Down in the harbour it was looking sunny and bright.

The sailing school was getting packed up for another season.  All the boats have been stored inside, soon the docks will coe out.

Beyond the harbour I had a good view of Cape Rich across the blue waters of the bay.

In the spaces where it could, New England Aster was blooming, the last of the summer wildflowers., and one I look for every year.

Here at home the past several weeks have been devoted to canning and seed gathering.  These red peppers were canned shortly after the picture.

The garden, at least the view out the living room window, is turning green again, with the spreading hosta leaves dominating.


But a few flowers still disrupt the green, among them some Canna Lilies.  Can you spot this yellow one in the picture above?


A few red Zinnias and a white Phlox are new to the back garden this year.  And that's an overview of our lives these September days.




9 comments:

  1. Suddenly the colours are all out in full bloom, those peppers are amazing.Gathering the veges, preparing and freezing, bottling or canning takes a lot of tie and effort but so worthwhile to have your own, home grown is far better than store bought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved September, with warm days and cool nights. The plants give off their final efforts to delight. Though I do find it hard to put it all to bed knowing there will be months before we see the green again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is overcast and drizzly here. I like that you got a bee amongst the fab asters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the water pics. I haven't canned anything in a long time. Loved the flowers, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life is good with so many flowers in bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all great pictures and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing them.
    Those flowers are wonderful colours.
    As we move into the new month of October I wish you a good month and may the rain ease for you to be able to get out and about again.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure had some beautiful days before the rain came. Those red peppers look fabulous!!! The flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's still colour to be found in the garden and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So rich, so beautiful, so delicious.

    ReplyDelete