Sunday, October 22, 2017

Settling In

Hello out there!  I'm trying to do this post on my ipad, import a photo and see if works. ..................  Well, after several tries, it doesn't work - import a photo that is.  I even went out and took a photo on my ipad for the first  time ever.  No luck.  So first thing tomorrow I'll be on the phone to  Rogers.  They promise 24 hour service, and it's been 60 hours now!

Meantime, I can't believe the continuing mild weather, which has been a huge bonus for our move.  We usually get a week or more of 'Indian Summer' at this time of year, but never like this.  With movng trailer loads of stuff, it's made a big difference.  We had planned on a two week overlap of homes to give us a chance to move some extras like fragile things, artworks, garden stuff, and potted plants, soI'm busy with that every day.  It's going well, though I'm more or less exhausted.  Looks like a change to rainy weather tomorrow though.

I have been back to at least a little photography, so I do have some posts planned, once I have access to post them!  And we're settling in, getting things organized, getting used to the neighbourhood and the town.  All is well.


13 comments:

  1. Three words at the end, tell us the news we want to read so much. So good to have that extra time to move things yourselves. Exhausted. that will be an understatement, I read somewhere, that on the scale of 1 to 100, selling and moving homes was the #1 for stress levels. So happy for you, and really glad the weather has played along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using my iPad for blogging and I can.'t get photos either. Everything freezes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried the posting by email option? I can't remember the exact sequence but I used a combination of that and a blogging app to post when I was away from wifi. I saved the post as draft until everything was in place. You can find the address to email your post to under Settings/Email/Posting Using Email.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make sure you take it easy for a while after the move is complete - you'll need it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I have never used my ipad for making a post only for commenting. I am glad all is well. I hope things settled down and you will have more relax time. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you're getting settled in. Amazing how much we rely on technology, isn't it? I tried using my iPad but couldn't get the pictures to work, either. Hope you're up and running soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of the many reasons I distrust Rogers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Weather good for your move to the new house and good for building ours! : )
    Glad to hear you are getting settled in and hope you will be back to posting pictures soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to hear everything is well and you're settling in. This weather has been nice, but there's that underlying feeling that it's just not right. At least it worked in your favour for the move :) Good luck with your technical issues.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI furry...
    Glad to hear your move is going well...
    I blog from my Ipad while in Florida, and it can be a challenge!!!
    I can never get my text where I want it...and my photos have a mind of their own!!
    Hopefully you will be up and running VERY soon...rogers can be frustrating for sure!!
    Our computers continuously slip off the internet...very annoying!!
    Looking forward to seeing your new digs!!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to hear you are settling in there, FG.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i have never been able to post completely from my iPad and use my computer to add pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking forward to pictures. Moving is such a big deal.

    ReplyDelete