Friday, October 20, 2017

Glitches!

We're at that frustrating stage when we want to get on with new things, but there are so many things to be organized, unpacked, put in place, and set up.  And while we do that, there are the little glitches and changes in routine that arise.  From figuring out which switches control which lights, to the big one, finishing the move.

Our mover under-estimated how much stuff we had, I guess because I didn't explain it well enough, so they have to come back next week and move the rest of our stuff, mostly the boxes.  So we're sort of in between lives.  As well, our internet, phone and tv were hooked up today, but only the TV actually works.  Apparently Rogers can't connect the other services for some reason.  We're hoping it will get resolved soon, but no chance for a new blog post beyond this until it does.

If you wonder how I'm doing this much, we have a data plan on our ipads that we can turn on when needed.  It'll cost us a little, but it keeps us connected in situations like this.  Unfortunately I have never figured out how to do a proper post with pictures on my ipad beyond typing a few lines like this.  So this is all you get.

It can only get better from here!


15 comments:

  1. This is pretty good from your iPad, and we are now up to date with the move!!! I hope it all goes better from now on, and let the weather be fine, the power be connected, the roof keeping any rain off, and Mrs F.G.'s room is all set for the quilting and anything else. Many, many good wishes for the rets of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do my blog from an Ipad, FG. It's not hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, blogging from the iPad is tricky. When I've had to do it, I wound up using the email option to get photos to post. Also there are apps you can use but they seldom offer all the features you might want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still can't believe I actually set up my blog on my iPad! And no I can't add photos on my iPad either although I'm sure it should be possible. Good luck with the rest of your move.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is hard to be in limbo, but soon things will be figured out, done and working.
    G;ad that you can keep in touch though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I hope all is worked out quickly. I only have an ipad mini and it is really hard to use for blogging. Have a happy day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even with wifi, I can't put up pictures on my iPad. You have to download a special app, and it gets such bad reviews I haven't done it. I use my laptop for everything. Now if THAT went... anyway, it's just a week betwixt and between. Glad it's you, though, and not me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the glitches. We all learn the definition of patience in those situations. Nice that you can still keep in contact this way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's fun moving into a new place and look forward to when our turn comes.
    Our move is close and we will do it all ourselves. We can take our time and do it slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Patience. This will all make for some good blog posts when you are settled.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A few days, it'll all be sorted.

    I tend to get my posts set up on library or campus computers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know how expensive using Canadian data plans is. I'm not really sure why they cost so much more up here. Hope the move gets all sorted out for you. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Typical of a move, there are always issues. On our first move several red items (sweater, tablecloth, etc.) were missing from drawers -- apparently someone had a red fetish. On our second move (with two children under two) our things didn't arrive on the day promised -- we slept on cots and ate at a card table after making a quick trip to buy some cheap tableware. Now, thankfully, we haven't moved in 46 years.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have an app on my Ipad call Blog Touch Pro, there is a free app but I bought the premium one I think it was 4.99. It is my just in case backup as my desk top is getting real old:) I hope you get all the glitches sorted out and that you enjoy your new place:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Moving is just one big headache. I hope you get things settled soon.

    ReplyDelete