Sunday, May 28, 2017

Calm Day on the Bay

Not much time to blog tonight, been a busy weekend.  But here are a few pictures I liked of Georgian Bay in the early evening light two weeks ago.  One of those very rare days when there was barely a ripple on the water.

There seemed to be a bit of a haze in the far distance over the cold water, making it hard to even see the horizon.  It usually stands out in stark contrast between a dark and light blue.

There was one drifting sailboat out near that horizon.  Clouds in the distance make the horizon doubly difficult to see, but the view was beautiful.

It was almost calm enough to give clear reflections.  This is the best it got.

Can you see that faint horizon?  You're looking almost due north here, something over 100 km. to the far northern shore.


15 comments:

  1. Hi Furry....
    Great shots...like my Lake....rarely calm. I love when it is calm...
    Enjoy your week...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah Those were the days I loved benign out on the Bay, stop the boat so still and quite and diving into 50 ft or more of water so clear, Love you pictures,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pics, it is really hard to see where the horizon stops and the sky starts. I love calm waters too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I see that phenomenon where you just cannot make out the horizon through the haze. You've captured it well, and the pictures are lovely. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, pretty views of the bay! Happy Monday, enjoy your day and new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful views of the Georgian Bay! Lovely, serene
    As I leaned closer to my computer screen to look for the horizon, I almost felt like I was there!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful photos. It looks so calm and pretty. I love the shot of the lone sailboat. I posted today that I will be taking a blog break for the summer although I'm not sure if I'll return to it in the fall yet. I've enjoyed your post and getting to know you and will try to visit now and then to stay in touch. I wish you and your wife a wonderful summer! Enjoy. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your picture are beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These photos share such a wonderful view of smooth water and great sky color. Wonderful shots. The remind me of the photos I have taken at Lake Superior.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was just telling my client about our visit to Georgian Bay and Lake Superior park! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The sky was melting into the bay or visa versa. So calming.

    ReplyDelete