Friday, August 26, 2016

Grey County Cattle

Quite a lot of beef cattle around these parts, to go with all the hay that's produced.  Spotted several herds along my route Tuesday.

This big bull was the most massive creature among all the herds.  Not often you see a real live bull out with the cattle anymore.  Rather flimsy fence in the background I thought.

And these were the cattle nearby, all resting by the fencerow.  Look like Herefords to me.

But the rest were all Charolais, and these ones were all moving steadily playing follow the leader.

Except one who stopped and looked up at me.


This herd was playing follow the leader too, all headed one direction.

But this herd thought it was time for a rest.  These was the biggest group; these are only a few of them.

And there was one lonely sheep farm.

Linking to:

15 comments:

  1. Love the animals. The fence did look rather flimsy if that guy decided he wanted out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have so many cattle around here to and at my brother-in-laws dairy farm just love to see them in the fields .
    Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the same thing about that fence, how in the world would that keep those large animals from getting loose!! Such a cute sheep you closed with, wonderful images today!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The big bull and the cattle in the second photo look like a breed by the name of Simmental, they're larger than Herefords and are a very desirable breed for beef production.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to see Bulls far away, after being what I thought was chased by our bull as my Dad led it up the road to the next neighbour's farm. All I can remember of that, some probably 66 years ago... is " DON'T RUN", and with little short legs, guess I didn't.They all look very contented in your photos, do they winter over in barns?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice looking herds. Guess the bull is content or the fence probably would not stop him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always like to see those cattle. : )
    I don't see many white ones around here, though I have seen a few.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My dad used to "moo" out the car window anytime we passed by a herd of cattle. It's because of him that now I always want to do the same thing when I see cows. Moooo!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos . Takes me back to my farming days with our cattle, horses , sheep and what not . Thanks for sharing , Have a good weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  10. One can never be too sure about bulls.....looks like you are in the field with him!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, awesome shots of the cattle. I love the cute sheep too. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Sunday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That really is a lot of bull! I hope the fence separating YOU and the bull was in better repair. When the cows are all lying down it's supposed to forecast rain. (ol' wives tale)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love cattle, but I only see them during the summer on the nature preserves.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That bull is massive. And always count on at least one or two herd animals to be curious about someone passing by.

    ReplyDelete