Friday, October 9, 2015

Talbot Lake

As we headed down the highway on our way to Edmonton, we stopped at Talbot Lake for a few minutes.  The morning sun provided beautiful light across the lake.  And I got more pictures of passing mountains as we drove on.  They were never far away!


 I'm shooting into the sun, but the light over the lake just seemed to have an ethereal quality about it.

Wherever you looked there were mountains in the distance.

Up the hill from us, a walker was apparently trying to approach some Mountain Sheep, perhaps for a picture - but I was really trying for the snow-covered mountain beyond.

The mountains just kept on coming.  I was intrigued with the different types of mountain peaks, from huge jutting flat slabs of rock to jagged ridges to this huge syncline, horizontal layers shaped like a giant bowl.

It's been a dull, cold, windy, and wet day here, but we're hoping for better weather over Thanksgiving weekend.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

14 comments:

  1. Absolutely awesome. Your gorgeous pictures just take my breath away... Thanks SO much for sharing such beauty with us.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous scenery, reminds me of Southland here in NZ lots of mountains and snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to Amy's comment, Central Otago, maybe, In winter the snow isn't as deep or doesn't last as long as yours , but there are rock screes, mountains, hoar frosts, and the most super autumn leaf colours. your series reminds me of down there. Beautiful settings for every photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful country up there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful area to be sure and well captured by your photo series. Good luck to the photographer trying to creep up on the mountain sheep!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures! Until I read your post I had forgotten that Canada celebrates Thanksgiving in October. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow....fantastic scenery.....amazing colours!
    Thanks for sharing this.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too had forgotten that Thanksgiving is in October in Canada. I love all those great mountain pictures. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoy seeing mountain photos. I really like the photo of the hiker and the sheep - tiny dots in the field. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful views of the mountains and the lake!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The landscape there is just beyond beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful scenery- love all the mountain views!

    ReplyDelete