Sunday, October 19, 2014

Raindrops

As a photographer, I'm always watching for those sunny days to get the best lighting for pictures.  But then I realized that I'm giving you entirely the wrong impression of our changing seasons - because lots of days in the fall especially are grey and rainy.  In fact we're just finished 6 days of rain in a row.  Frustrating when you're trying to get the fall chores done and get out and take pictures too.

So in search of a more honest portrayal of seasons, here are some raindrops!  Most of these are White Ash leaves right here at home.

I've noticed that the raindrops seem to sit and stay when the leaf is upside down, on the back of the leaf, but they seem to run off on the front of the leaves.

This is a deeply indented Silver Maple leaf, lying on our patio, the dark grey concrete as a background.

I just thought these pictures represented so well what the last few days have been like.

We've had so much rain that we even have streams running where I've never seen them before.  It reminds me of the spring run-off in April.

Hope you appreciate my more balanced portrayal of the seasons!!!  (Today was sunny, and I got a lot of outdoor work done for a change).

Linking to:



14 comments:

  1. I've been finding these grey days rather depressing so was glad to see a bit of sun today! The leaves seem to be a bit waxy on top and more open under so that they can transpire? Who knows - I've forgotten most of my Botany. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice raindrop pics! I like cloudy days myself for photography - no shadows and the colors are saturated (especially if it's raining)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right of course, and I do still enjoy those days after a rain when things are so richly coloured. I actually got out several times last week in between the rainy bits.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous shots! The raindrops are so pretty. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup- lots of rain here this week. Always love raindrops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos!
    Have a wonderful week!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like we had the same idea. Your photos are great - such texture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we did! I noticed that immediately when I read yours this morning.

      Delete
  7. I like these photos. Not all the rain you've had. I guess we're in for a lot of rain starting on Wednesday for 3 or 4 days. I'm running out of photo ideas. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such nice photos of you rain ladened leaves. Makes for heavy raking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What vibrant colours, especially the yellows.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful rainy day photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these photos! The rain drops look three dimensional. They also look cold (somehow!).

    ReplyDelete